Energy characterization of the site of interest
WINDFOR provides technical assistance to its customers on preliminary assessment of the expected production with the layout and plant components (photovoltaic modules, inverter, etc.) considered in the plant design with reference to the site chosen for installation. Of great importance are the definition of the orientation of modules, the number and technical characteristics of inverters, the quality of plant components, the quality of available solar radiation data, the evaluation of the shadow effect of possible obstacles in the proximity of the plant.
The technical assistance services may include:
- Site survey
- Selection and validation of available solar radiation data
- Statistical analysis of available solar radiation data
- Correlation with long term solar radiation data
- Evaluation of the plant layout
- Definition of the parameters representing the main plant components (photovoltaic modules, structures for module support, inverter, LV and MV cables, etc.)
- Assessment of plant loss factors
- Evaluation of the expected production of the plant (P50%, P75% e P90%) and uncertainty analysis.