The significant production of electricity from wind power is achieved with wind farms composed by large wind turbines (nominal power between 1 MW and 4 MW) mainly connected to the high voltage grid (HV) and, in small part, to the medium voltage grid (MV).
The wind farms are usually built onshore, on flat terrain and in hilly or mountainous areas at an altitudes lower than 1000 m; wind farms at high altitudes (over 1500 m) are limited mainly due to the difficulties of access and connection to the grid.
An important alternative is represented by offshore wind farms, realized in shallow waters (a few tens of meters) in which are currently installed wind turbines with a nominal power up to 5-6 MW .
WINDFOR has been supporting the various Operators involved in Wind Energy for nearly a decade. The technical expertise gained over the years by its experts provides a solid basis for decision-making assistance to these operators, regardless of the scope of the project, investment, or stage of the life cycle of the projects.
The various Operators that globally are active in Wind Energy can be classified in:
- Investors and Banks
- Public Bodies
- Insurance Companies
WINDFOR is able to provide to these Operators a wide range of Services, which include:
- Feasibility Studies
- Site, Wind and Energy Assessment
- Permitting Assessment (Licenses, Permit to Built etc.)
- Environmental Assessment
- Technical Assessment of the Project
- Assessment of the Grid Connection
- Site Suitability of the Wind Turbines according to the Standard IEC 61400-12 Ed 3.
- Technical Specifications for Tender, Technical and Economical Assessment of Tenders, Preparation and/or Revision of EPC, PPA and O&M Contracts
- Technical Assistance during business negotiations
- Counterparties Qualification
- Technical Assistance for the preparation of the Financial Model
- Monitoring of the Construction, Commissioning and Testing phase of the wind farms
- Operation Monitoring of the wind farms
- Inspections, Plant Fault Analysis and Diagnostic Activities
- Wind Farm Performance Assessment (including power curve, availability assessment etc.)
- Technical Due Diligence on Projects at every stage of development
- Technical Due Diligence on Wind Turbines
- “Equator Principles (EPFIs)” Assessment
- Forensic Engineering, Contractual Engineering and Claims management
- Short and Medium Term Forecasting of Climatology and Production